Saying goodbye to Frisco

It was with a very heavy heart I had to say goodbye to my little black and white cat Frisco. He was almost 16 and getting weaker and thinner each day. His life was becoming just a mere existence so although I would have loved to keep him with me I had to make the decision to give him a dignified peaceful end, which is what the lovely vet gave him. As he passed away he stuck his little pink tongue out looking totally cute. It made me cry even more.

Frisco and Daisy Friends

Frisco with Daisy

I had him since he was a 6 week old kitten. I first saw him in the vet’s waiting room. This tiny little kitten was being rushed passed me as an emergency as he had been choking during the night. As his cute face stared out at me through the cat basket I just fell in love with him. His owner said he would be looking for a home soon. Needless to say I was round at her place the next day and the rest is history.

Black and White cat with green eyes

Frisco01

He was famous for his beautiful green eyes.

 

He never really made friends with the rest of the cats and would wack anyone that got near him, but he did love any of my female friends that came to visit. He would sit on the floor in front of them and just gaze at them. I wonder who he was in a previous life – Casanova perhaps? He got his name from a line in the Otis Redding song ‘Sitting on the Dock of the Bay’ which is one of my all time fav songs.

 

Frisco daisy (1)

This is my favourite picture of him snoozing in the grass with a little daisy.

He was also a great one for sitting by the bath and watching!! He would also climb on to the side and head butt me and lick my nose. Earlobe nibbling was also a favourite pastime of his (my earlobes not his).

Adult black and white cat sitting on garden bench

 

Frisco7

Intrepid explorer!

 

It is so weird not having him around, I am sure I can see him out of the corner of my eye at times. Rest in peace little one xxxxxx

Frisco

 

 

Linda xxx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous cat. He was so lucky to have found you. Sleep tight Frisco. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet face. I bet he was glad you took him in. However old they are, it's never an easy decision; I always think it's our last act of love for them. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending warmest purrs for you. It's so hard to say goodbye, but remember that Frisco had a wonderful life with you, and brought much happiness. What a beautiful Tuxie boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your kind and lovely words. Just about to open a tin of tuna as a treat for my remaining 4 Mouseketeers - Poppy, Jasmine, Daisy and Lily.

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frisco is such a sweetie.
    I'm very sorry.
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx