Sewing is bad for your health!

Well it is when you pick up a very heavy black and gold vintage Singer sewing machine from under the stairs. And it’s especially dangerous when you forget to bend your knees and tug at your machine from a very odd angle. I did all of the above with my old Singer and thought I’d got away with it pain wise until the middle of the night in bed when all sorts of aches and pains struck. I couldn’t bend down or pick anything up for days and when you have cats that need feeding and litter trays to clean out you can imagine the fun and games I had. Still all my important little places seem to be healing and contact with the floor and the lower levels of life is a lot easier now.

Daisy has been feeling sorry for me and has been trying to help me with pain relief by hypnosis.

Daisy stare2

And Tabikat has gone for a more relaxed form of hypnosis.

Tabikat portrait6

I wrote this on my FB page in November – “Quote from my vet to me this morning "Only you could turn up saying I have a Moorhen in my handbag". As I was leaving Rustington this morning I saw a Moorhen get clipped by a car - so parked up in golf club driveway and dashed across the A259 to pick it up. Miraculously it was still alive, so grabbed it and dashed back. No box for it so emptied my handbag and stuffed it in there. I think it's just a bit stunned, my vet will check it over and the lovely vet nurse has a place at home where she can release it with other young Moorhens. Now going to clean the s**t out of my bag xxxxx”
I’m pleased to report back that the dear little thing survived and has joined up with a gang of juvenile Moorhens in her garden and is living a happy life by her pond.

I‘ve been combining a little bit of machine and hand embroidery to make these covered notebooks.

Embroidered Notebooks1

Of course they are animal themed. I’ve had such fun doing them that I think I might develop a line of them for my shop. I’ve just finished embroidering a German Shepherd dog silhouette in white on blue denim (pics to follow). Animals and crafting – sheer bliss!

Slàinte Mhath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Your sewing is always so beautiful, along with your cats. A lovely site to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there with the problem of reaching for something at the wrong angle and suffering for it, I think first now before making any awkward moves. lol Still, pleased that you are getting better.
    As for the bird, you are one lovely lady, so many people would have just carried on. Bless you
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments appreciated, but they will be moderated xx